Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sullinger Says He's Coming Back To Ohio State

After putting the final nail in my bracket last night, Jared Sullinger is trying to ruin my dream of the Detroit Pistons drafting him. He says he's coming back to Ohio State next year.

The Big Ten freshman of the year and averaged 17.1 points and 10.0 rebounds and will probably be named to plenty of first team all american lists. Not to mention he's a possible player of the year candidate. He would be a top 5 NBA draft pick if he came out, maybe top 3. I know I would love to see him in a Detroit Pistons uniform.

After losing to Kentucky in a Sweet 16 matchup, he announced he would be coming back to Columbus.

“I did make a decision and I’m definitely coming back next year,” Sullinger said. “I need to work on a lot of things. I have to come back. I’m coming back to win.”


Whether he follows through on that promise remains to be seen. We've seen this one before. Star player says he's coming back and then changes his mind when those high dollar figures start getting thrown around.

If he does come back he'll be playing for a young Buckeyes team that will reload with top notch talent once again.

"I'm going to be an Ohio State Buckeye next year," he said at his post-game press conference following Friday night's tournament loss to Kentucky as reported by ESPN. "This isn't why I came here, to come in here and see my seniors in here crying."



"I came here to win a national championship," he added. ""I'm a man of my word. I don't change my word and no one changes it for me. This is what I want."

With the NBA's current labor situation in question that would be a good decision. For Ohio State fans they better hope this doesn't end up like Shareef Abdur-Rahim's press conference in a few weeks.

 

No comments: