Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bobby Valentine has some unflattering things to say about the Red Sox

When the Boston Red Sox hired Bobby Valentine to be their manager they envisioned that he would lead them back to World Series glory and overtake the New York Yankees. There would be no epic collapses like last year. Good times would be back in Beantown.

The way Valentine talks though is as if the Red Sox are headed for a last place finish.

"I have great expectations with this group,'' said Valentine Thursday. "(We're) not the 'best team ever assembled' this year. I don't know if that's good or bad. I know that, over history, that's been good for some and bad some for some.


"It's just what it is.'' 


I can't translate this one. But here's what I take out of that statement. I have expectations just like the fans. I want to make the playoffs, but don't be surprised if we don't.

Valentine has set up a cushion for himself in case of failure.Valentine should just shut up and manage.

No comments: