Monday, July 5, 2010

Some chase championships,some chase money

This is dedicated to the NBA free agency period. I know when it comes to your job, whether we think of it as a job or not,it is, you have to make the best decision for yourself. A lot of times that decision usually is based on how much you get paid. I remember once at a meeting we had,the question of why do we work here was asked. My answer was I just want to get paid. Which brings me to the NBA player. I know you have to get the best deal out there for you. You have a lifestyle to maintain. You have family and friends counting on you. Which means when its time for free agency you have to get that extra million or five to take  care of yourself and others. It just seems that there is no competitive spirit anymore among some players.Once again, I understand,get your money. But sometimes you do wantto be known as a winner. I know players such as Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade, and LeBron James will make their decision on where they can win at.And win now.Prior to free agency,word on the street is that Bosh said that "he's never been out of the first round. It's evident that he wants to win. Wade has a ring,but wants more to solidify himself as one of the true legends. James wants so desperately to win,but doesn't know if he can do it in Cleveland. Some of the other players in this class are about the money,which I don't blame them for doing. But in the back of your mind you also want to be known as a winner. I'm sure Bosh will hitch his wagon to the Wade or LeBron express.Players such as A'mare' Stoudemire are clearly chasing money. Why else would he ponder signing with the Knicks. He gets his max deal and plays for a crappy team.He'll get his numbers,but will be out of the playoffs by February.Of course I could be wrong. But the Knicks are nowhere near championship caliber or even in the playoff neighborhood. Like I said get your money,but I know some of you NBAers could sacrifice a few mill to try and get a ring/rings.Look at Shaq,he knows he's about done,so he's running around chasing championships.LeBron, D-Wade, and Bosh are the same.They want to be champions. Players such as Stoudemire and Atlanta's Joe Johnson,not so much. Or else both would still be in Phoenix with a true contender.  

No comments: