Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Spartans Need A Good Showing vs.Duke

I know Tom Izzo doesn't really put a premium on early season games, such as the one against Duke tonight. Well Mr. Izzo, this team has to acquit itself well or win tonight. There's one reason and one reason only I feel this way. They gte blown out in these early season showdowns. Think about the North Carolina games the last two years.

There are people that will say "Izzo always wins in March so it doesn't matter". To me it does matter. I understand wanting to measure yourself against the best in the nation. There just has to be a point that you actually start winning some of these early season games. There are some that want to be there in March. I want to be there and win all year. I want to set a tone of dominance. I want my team to feel they can't be beat. Michigan State doesn't have that confidence to be a dominant team. They're good, but they're not as good as they can be. I don't want State to win just because I hate Duke. I want them to tell the rest of America that they are a force to be reckoned with. 

No comments: