Monday, January 17, 2011

Hue Jackson Named Raiders Coach

Hue Jackson has reportedly been named head coach of the Oakland Raiders. I'm glad Jackson got the job but Tom Cable shouldn't have been fired in the first place. That's just my personal opinion. I hope he hs thick skin because you know how Al Davis gives his coaches no wiggle room and zero margin for error. Also he'll have to win over the locker room that had grown increasingly loyal to Cable. I don't know how well Jackson got along with the players, but he is known for relating well to plaers and is a highly regarded play-caller.

If Jason Campbell can continue to progress under Jackson the Raiders could be threat to make the playoffs next season. Yes, I think Campbell will be the starter in Oakland next year. If Campbell regresses, Captain Al might start reminding Hue how much of a short leash he has. 

No comments: