Monday, January 3, 2011

Pearl Laying Down The Law Before His Suspension

With his team looking shaky in the last six outings, including two wins in that stretch, Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl has made it known that those who play defense will get the majority of the minutes. With an upcoming date with Memphis and the SEC season starting in a week Pearl has to do something to get things in order in Knoxville.

I know it may seem like I'm picking on the Volunteers. I just call it as I see it. I believe they started reading their own press clippings and got fat and sassy. i watched the game against Charleston and the defensive intensity was lacking. They played a lot of one on one basketball on offense. I don't see them attacking and wearing teams out like in previous years. I don't know what it is with this year's team. Maybe they miss the leadership of J.P. Prince and Wayne Chism.

“It’s no longer about fatigue,” Pearl said. “The minutes will be played based on over a period of time who needs to be out there.”


That means there will be some angry players picking wood on the sidelines. I do believe Pearl when he says it's fixable. Maybe he should try selling the players on what got them to a No.7 ranking earlier. Which means team play and defense.

No comments: