Friday, February 11, 2011

Mr. Smith Goes To The Hall Of Fame

New York Jets wide reciever Brad Smith will be one of six inductees into the University of Missouri Athletics Hall of Fame. Not to knock Smith's athletic endeavors, but this will be the only Hall of Fame he'll get to. Nonetheless, it's a remarkable acheivment for Smith, who'll do plenty more athletically than I'll ever do.

Smith had a very good career as a quarterback for Missouri. He broke 69 school, Big 12 and NCAA records while leading the Tigers. Smith was also the first quarterback in Division I-A to throw for more than 8,000 yards and run for more than 4,000 yards and finished his career fourth in total offense with 13,088 yards. He also won a Heisman and a national championship for me on the Playstation. I just had to throw that in there because he was unstoppable in that game.

I hate the fact that Smith never got a shot at quarterback in the NFL. But he has a career, so I don't feel too bad for him.

No comments: