Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hines Ward Might Be Dancing With A Bad Knee

After Super Bowl XLV, Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward underwent a surgical procedure on his left knee. All seems to be well as of now, but the Steelers might be a little concerned since Ward will be on ABC's Dancing With The Stars.

The surgery was to remove some cartilage, and Ward doesn't seem to be alarmed about possibly injuring his knee while going through what some would consider a recreational activity. He seems more worried about his feet, since he's been wearing those dancing shoes that can't be all that comfy.

"I'm not going to be jumping up or sliding all over the floor, but at the same time the knee is fine," Ward told Scott Brown of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "I wouldn't jeopardize the football season over Dancing With the Stars. The doctors wouldn't have cleared me to do this. I don't think coach (Mike) Tomlin would have given me the OK if I wasn't ready."

If I were Tomlin I would've told him to stay off the show, but that's just me.  

No comments: