Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lincecum Donates $25,000 To Beating Victim

San Francisco Giants pitcher Tim Lincecum has donated $25,000 to the Bryan Stow fund. Stow was the victim in a senseless beating by a couple of Los Angeles Dodgers fans on opening day. The Giants have donated $70,000 themselves. The donations were made to cover Stow's medical expenses.

Both teams have taken heightned security since the incident, with the Dodgers cancelling an alcohol related promotion.

“This was a senseless act of violence and I wanted to help out Mr. Stow and his family,” Lincecum said in a statement Thursday. “It’s also close to me because not only is Mr. Stow a Giants fan, but I have family and friends who are firefighters, police officers and paramedics and this honors their service to the community.



“I encourage Giants fans to support Mr. Stow in a positive way and hope there are not any more unfortunate acts between fans in this great rivalry,” Lincecum said.

As a fan let's hope Stow can make a complete recovery and go back to living life as he knew it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is really awesome of Lincecum. I like it when sports players, role models to our children, do good things like this. My buddy told me that he saw this on a sports social network and he decided to donate himself. Maybe I will too.