Saturday, April 9, 2011

Minor League Flame Out Wins $1 Million

Usually a dream ends after being cut from a minor league baseball team. Just don't tell that to Joel Torres.

Torres, a 21 year old outfielder, was recently cut from a Cleveland Indians minor league affiliate, won $1 million on a scratch off lottery game.

Torres bought the "Sweet Millions" ticket February 24th, while staying at his mom's house in Queens, New York. Imagine the joy he felt after realizing he won a quick million. Especially after being cut from a team.

Torres says he plans to buy his mom a new home and continue his dream of playing professional baseball.

"The first thing I plan to do with the money is buy my mom a new house," said Torres. He said the money will allow him to pursue his hopes of playing ball in the major leagues.



"My dream, since I was a kid, is baseball. That's what I'm going to continue doing. I'm going to keep swinging, swinging for the fences," Torres said.







  

No comments: