Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rex Ryan And The Jets Are The Giants' Big Brother

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan is back at it. This time it's all in black and white. Ryan has co-authored a book with Don Yeager called,  "Play Like You Mean It". 

I won't go into great detail about it but he did take some time to slam a few former players (Kerry Rhodes, Vernon Gholston) get at Tom Brady once again and lets his feelings be known about other topics, like the Ines Sainz incident.

One thing that perked my ears up was when he talked about the Jets emerging from the shadow of the New York Giants.

"When people ask me what it's like to share New York with the Giants, my response is always, I am not sharing it with them -- they're sharing it with me," Ryan says, adding, "I know it's going to piss off every Giants fan to hear this, but here you go: We are the better team. We are the big brother."


Ryan also says the Jets are "going to remain the better team for the next 10 years. Whether you like it or not, those are the facts and that's what's going to happen."

Mighty bold words for the big guy. I'll say this though, the Jets are the better team right now. They have emerged from the Giants shadow as the G-Men have become pretty rigid under Tom Coughlin. The Giants also have a knack for folding in big games, sans their Super Bowl run.

I don't know about the next ten years, that all depends on drafting smart and signing the right players. No pun intended, but Ryan is aiming high with the Jets.





 

No comments: