Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tyrod Taylor: ‘I’m the most dynamic quarterback in the draft’

You know what they say, if you don't believe in yourself, no one will. Well, Tyrod Taylor has plenty of belief in himself. More than what you would hear from a sixth round draft pick. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. It's just that he has a long way to go to help the Baltimore Ravens.

Taylor was the ACC offensive player of the year and doesn't lack confidence coming into the NFL.

“I believe I can do it all,” Taylor said after being drafted in the sixth round by the Baltimore Ravens. “I believe I’m the most dynamic quarterback in the draft. I have the ability to move the pocket and keep the play alive, and I also have the ability to stay in the pocket and make every throw that they ask for. My style is kind of a mixture of all.



"I want to do whatever it takes to help the team and in the best situation. Most teams have talked to me as a quarterback. I’m evaluated as a quarterback. After talking to the Ravens’ coaching staff, they look at me as a quarterback and want to mentor me and mature me as a quarterback.”

You know what that means don't you? Wildcat package.

If Taylor is developed properly and is eager to learn, he could be a productive backup. He does have some skills as he passed for 24 touchdowns against 5 interceptions last season at Virginia Tech.

“I’m going to reach out to Flacco,” Taylor said. “We’re teammates now, so hopefully we can get some study sessions on and just help my progression. The lockout is difficult for a quarterback because you’re not able to get the playbook as soon as you can, but everyone is in the lockout. I’m going to try to reach out to Flacco, get in the playbook and learn it as quickly as possible."


Right now he's saying all the right things. Personally I would like to see him some success at the NFl level since there are a lot of doubters out there about him.


  

 

No comments: