Friday, May 6, 2011

Vikings' Jared Allen Disappointed With Incoming Rookies

To sum up the Minnesota Vikings' Jared Allen, all he wants to do is play football. He wants a fair shake, but he just wants to play. He's not about the money or fancy things that go with it.

That's why he's disappointed with the NFL incoming rookies spending money they haven't earned yet. I myself don't understand that one myself. I know there are going to be some future earnings involved, but with this economy and the current lockout they should be thinking of ways to save money instead of blowing it right away.

In an interview with KTAR in Phoenix, Allen lets the listeners know how he feels about it. He also clues in on other things like the lockout and players that were drafted ahead of him.

“I don’t like anybody who was drafted ahead of me. Kind of pisses me off. You know it did. I honestly think it would’ve been cool to see none or all of the players elect to not show up. I think that would’ve given a really big sign to the NFL. You want us to appease you guys by coming to this show, because that’s what the NFL Draft is on TV, it’s a show for their fans and a show for the league, you want us to do that than let’s get this deal done, let’s quit locking us out, and let’s get back to work. I think the bigger disappointment was to see the jewelry on these kids’ arms and ears. Are you kidding me? You haven’t played a down in the league yet and thousands and thousands of dollars on these kids arms and I’m like you guys understand you’re getting drafted into a lockout where you don’t know what rules you’re playing under or how much money you possibly might get.”


I have to agree with Allen. I know the agents are fronting you with money and you want to look good on draft night, but they know the situation, keep that money. Buy a nice suit or whatever but stop with some of the unnecessary expenses.  


  

No comments: