Saturday, April 14, 2012

Owens says Romo had 'a hand' in him leaving the Cowboys

Terrell Owens left the Dallas Cowboys under a black cloud. According to Owens it was a cloud of suspicion as to why he left Dallas. That cloud was Tony Romo. Owens believes that Romo helped grease the skids on his way out of Dallas.

In a radio interview on The Ben and Skin Show [KESN-FM] 103.3 in Dallas, Owens said he believes that Romo "had a hand" in him leaving the Cowboys.

"With that situation, dude, I've kind of lost my respect for that situation," Owens told The Ben and Skin Show [KESN-FM] 103.3 in Dallas. "Man, that's a guy I shed tears for, I went to bat for. Then obviously, ultimately I'm not in Dallas anymore and I know he definitely had a hand in that. So, again, it's one of those things that you just kind of have to bite your tongue and keep moving on, you know what I mean? 

Owens went on about how he and the other receivers weren't being targeted as much as tight end Jason Witten.



"It wasn't just me," Owens said. "I was just a voice. Sometimes I said things that a lot of people thought. I just happened to be one of those guys that really voiced their opinion. I wasn't the only one that felt that way. There were games where other guys were open. I wasn't saying that to get the ball thrown to me a lot more times. I was all about winning. During the course of the games, if you watch the film, there were other guys that were open that didn't get the ball. That was my thing.


"I think that's what's really misconstrued is that my passion and things that I say can be viewed that I'm being selfish and it's all about me, but my goal has always been about winning a championship, and I think if you really ask my teammates that, they'll really convey that and they'll tell you honestly that's what I'm about."


No mention on how he dropped passes that were thrown to him.

I believe all Owens wanted to do was win but he didn't know how to go about being a winning teammate. When things went wrong he opted to throw his teammates under the bus and not take accountability for his own actions. Owens spoke for the receivers as a whole but since he spoke and was the loudest voice he got the blame. Sometimes it's best to keep your mouth shut and let things play out.

No comments: