Sunday, June 3, 2012

DeMarco Murray thinks the Cowboys should be in the Super Bowl

Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray is not making a Super Bowl prediction but during a recent local radio interview, the Cowboys running back did say that the he doesn’t see why the Cowboys shouldn’t be playing on the game’s biggest stage next February in New Orleans according to Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News.

“We have a great group of young guys and we also have a great group of vets who I think they’re still playing like they’re 25, 26, 27 years old,” Murray told Galloway & Company on 103.3 [KESN-FM]. “Look at [Jason] Witten, I’m around that guy everyday and he’s one of the hardest working guys. He’s out there beating me in agility drills. I’m trying my hardest over and over and over to beat him and I can’t beat [him].

“I think we have a great group of guys but at the same time we definitely feel that this year is going to be a great year for us and we don’t see why we shouldn’t be in the Super Bowl this year.”

“I think we have the pieces,” Murray said. “We have a great coaching staff and that’s what we are aiming for. We’re aiming to not only make the playoffs and make a splash, but I think every NFL team is looking to win the Super Bowl.”

No comments: