Saturday, November 9, 2013

Former Michigan State center Derrick Nix signs with Latvian team VEF Riga

When Derrick Nix exhausted his eligibility for the Michigan State basketball team last spring that wasn't the end of his career.

Even though Nix didn't get picked up by a NBA team, he has made a living playing in Europe.

Nix signed with the Latvian pro team VEF Riga.

"I made the team today and this is my new home," Nix tweeted. "I like it here it's bigger and better, and I've been playing really well!"

Nix started his professional career in Slovenia but parted ways with the team in the preseason. 

Even though it's not the NBA, Spartans coach Tom Izzo sounds proud of his former player throwing in a joke along the way..

"Tell Nixer to take care of his business over in Europe, and I'd like to weigh him in
right now though," Michigan State coach Tom Izzo said last month. "I would like to weigh him in right now."


No comments: