Saturday, February 26, 2011

MJ Goes On The Defensive

No one is handing out any gold medals to Michael Jordan for running an NBA franchise. There was his draft pics of Kwame Brown in Washington and Adam Morrison in Charlotte. His trades have also been questioned in the past, remember the Jerry Stackhouse for Richard Hamilton trade?  The track record isn't sterling.

With the trade deadline now done and over, Jordan mad a few deals and is being questioned about the trade that sent Gerald Wallace to the Portland Trailblazers for Dante Cunningham, Sean Marks, and Joel Pryzbilla. Jordan says he loves the trade and speaks on the financial flexibility it gives the Bobcats. I can see where he's coming from since the Bobcats did get a first round pick out of the deal, which now seems like gold. I just don't like the deal. I just think they could've gotten more out of the deal.

The Bobcats aren't getting a high or even a mid round pick so it'll be like getting an additional second rounder. Secondly, I don't like the players they got in return. Jordan is looking towards building for the future, but if I'm a hardcore Bobcats fan do I trust him to build a team. I wouldn't trust him. But I'm not the one making the deals.

Jordan likes the way the team looks for future manueverability. He says he doesn't want to be the eighth seed. At least he has ambition. He feels with the moves they made, the Bobcats can be a force in the East. I don't think that's gonna happen soon because you need a marquee player or two and I don't see Charlotte getting any of those soon. I also don't think players want to be in the owner's shadow and sitting on the sidelines in their ear game after game. I'll give Jordan credit for believing he can build a winner in Charlotte.   

No comments: