Monday, March 28, 2011

Brad Stevens And Shaka Smart Invited To Sing At Wrigley

The Chicago Cubs want Shaka Smart to sing at a game during the seventh inning stretch at Wrigley Field. Of course he'll be singing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame".

Smart says he would take the invitation if given. Butler's Brad Stevens has also been invited. He sang at Wrigley last year after the Bulldogs' run to the finals last year. Both coaches are Cub fans. Smart has called Chicago a second home.

"Chicago is my favorite city in the whole country, and I've spent a lot of time in the city of Chicago as a kid," Smart said. "It was kind of a second home for me.


"I'm a big Cubs fan, probably been to -- conservatively -- 50-60 Cubs games over the years. I once caught a Ryne Sandberg foul ball at my grandfather's feet. So I'm a big Cubbies fan."


Smart is a hot name in coaching circles and should capitalize on his hotness right now. Just don't make a bad decision by taking the N.C. State job.
 



 

No comments: