Sunday, April 29, 2012

Detroit Lions sign Boise St. QB Kellen Moore

The Detroit Lions went into the NFL draft with no immediate need for a quarterback, but with no third stringer on the roster they could afford to take a late round flyer or sign an undrafted free agent. The Lions took the latter route and signed Boise State signal caller Kellen Moore.

While Moore was disappointed, but not surprised that he wasn't drafted he is excited for the opportunity to get a shot with the Lions.

 "I'm excited, I'm getting my chance in the NFL and that is all that matters," Moore told NFLDraftScout.com after his agent, David Dunn, reached an agreement with the Lions. 


"We had a lot of contact, a lot of teams, I really don't even know how many teams, but a lot," Moore said. "I like our decision. I am eager to get back there." 


I guess that's all you can ask for is a chance. In a league where size and arm strength define potential NFL quarterbacks no one looks at the fact that Moore is a winner. He went 50-3 at Boise State and was one of the most efficient quarterbacks in NCAA history (His pass efficiency rating of 168.98 ranks third in NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision history).

I'm not saying he's going to be a stud but Moore could be a good developmental quarterback backing up Matthew Stafford and Shaun Hill.

No comments: