Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dmitri Young wanted to trip Barry Bonds

Former MLB player Dmitri Young was always opinionated. When he was interviewed by C. Trent Rosecrans of CBSSports.com  about selling his baseball card collection for the Dmitri Young Foundation, Young told Rosecrans which was his favorite card and why he wanted to trip Barry Bonds.



Q: Is there a favorite card?


A: It's the Hank Aaron. The Home Run King -- there's another guy that has the record, but the Home Run King is Hank Aaron. I was there for the game when 756 was hit, I was playing first. Deep down inside, when (Barry) Bonds hit it, I wanted to stick my foot out and trip him.



Q: So, I'm guessing you have a hardline stance against the steroid users?

A: It's not the steroid issue, it's the [jerk] issue. To each their own, but when you're on an All-Star team with a guy and your son goes up to him and says he appreciates what you've done and he ignores him and walks off -- I take that personal. Very personal. Of course, even if it came up, he'd deny it. But why would an 11-year-old kid lie? I was a big fan of Barry Bonds before that. I used to defend him and everything. But being persecuted, then to sit there and [be a jerk] to my son. … Yeah. I enjoyed watching him play, but the way he treated people -- I'm not about treating people like crap, regardless of who you are, what you do for a living, I'm not about that.

That would've been a classless move but hilarious since Bonds would've been the victim.

No comments: