Sunday, May 6, 2012

Andre Rison returning to coach at Michigan State.

There's going to be a bad moon Rison once again in East Lansing. Former NFL and Michigan State star Andre Rison will be coming back to Michigan State as a student assistant coach to help coach receivers under receivers coach Terrence Samuel.

Rison, who was 30 credits shy of getting his degree, promised his mother and those close to him that he would get his degree and this will help him get a jump start on it.

"I promised my mother, father and grandparents that I would go back and finish my degree one day," said Rison, who's 30 credits short. "This will also enable me to be part of the coaching staff at Michigan State and I am very thankful to (head coach) Mark Dantonio for giving me the opportunity. I've always been close to the Michigan State program and have wanted to give back by coaching for a long time."


Rison is one of Michigan State's all time leading receivers and feels that he can help the Spartans' young, unproven receivers.

"This is an opportunity of a lifetime for me and I know I'll be able to help Michigan State's receivers better their game," said Rison, who spent the last two seasons as the coach of his alma mater, Flint Northwestern High School. "I have a lot of experiences in college, the NFL and through my coaching that I can pass along. I am really looking forward to coaching with Mark Dantonio because he cares about the right things, the fundamentals of the game."

Dantonio should hope that Rison can bring something to the table to help the Spartan receiving corps.

No comments: