Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pontiac Silverdome sold.For $583,000?!

The Pontiac Silverdome was sold for the mere price of $583,000.A very small sum compared to how much it was built for($55.7M).There was a previous offer for $20 million that was turned down.The unknown investors from Toronto want to turn it into a stadium that would house a MLS soccer team.Me for one doesn't think it would work.
  Now me being a local,it doesn't have too much sentimental value to me.Well it was where I saw my first Detroit Pistons game and the Michigan Panthers of the defunct USFL had a great playoff run there in 1983.It was the home of the Detroit Lions, which during that time blessed us with Billy Sims, Barry Sanders and one playoff win.Oh, i almost forgot some sorry and mediocre but exciting Lions teams.Well I don't know how this venture will turn out,but for the lousy Michigan economy I hope it turns out well.

http://finance.yahoo.com/retirement/article/108175/winning-bidders-to-turn-silverdome-into-soccer-stadium?mod=realestate-buy

  

No comments: